There are a number of delightful walks in Mallorca. These do vary from a short and gentle stroll to a full day trek.
• When you go walking always remember that you will sometimes need to access private land. If you should meet a land owner just let him know politely where you are going.
• Plan your walk and choose a walk which will be suitable for your entire group.
• Never go off walking alone, if its possible ensure that there are at least two walking together.
• Keep to the paths which are marked and leave all gates as you found them.
• Do not walk through crops or cultivated land.
• A walk may become unsafe due to bad weather; make sure your journey ahead is safe before you continue.
• Ensure you wear sensible clothing for you walk, for example, suitable walking shoes or boots.
• Wear sun cream on hotter days and hat to protect your head from the strong rays of the sun.
• Take a bottle of water with you and a sweet snack.
Puerto Pollença to Cala San Vincente
Start this walk at the Habitat Apartments located on the Port Pollença to Pollença road at the roundabout. Walk along the side road with the Habitat on your left and take the second right (the first turning is a cul de sac.) Walk for approx 500m past the estate until you see a turning on your left with a gate with the name ''Siller'' on your left. This comes before the sharp turning right into Carrer de Roses. This is the start of the walk. Walk along this path, there is a boatyard to you left but you need to keep to the right. Follow the path through the woods until you see a farmhouse on your left. Walk along the side of the house and the path will start going uphill and leads to an electrical power point. The pathway ends and you will have to climb the hillside to pick up the pathway again that crosses the mountain. At the end of this path is a large roundabout. Take a right hand fork and work your way down the mountainside to Cala Carbó and into Cala Molins. There is a bar called Bar Mallorca here which serves good Pa amb oli (Majorcan bread with tomato sauce and olive oil usually served with ham and cheese) and a cold drink. This walk will take approximately one to one and a half hours depending. Length of walk is approx 5 miles.
On your way back follow the signs at Cala Molins for Hostel Los Pinos. At the back of this hostel is another path with stone markers which will bring you back across a dry gully and through scrub land back onto the flat path avoiding the uphill walk out of the Cala Molins. Alternatively, there is a bus service back to the port which goes via Pollença old town or you can pick up a taxi from outside Bar Mallorca.
INTERESTED IN RENTING?
Speak to one of our agents today